Finding the right venue for your charity event can be a critical part of reaching your fundraising targets. It must have the wow factor, be accessible, affordable and flexible so that you can create an occasion that will be memorable for your guests. At Bertie’s we have all of this, and more, and most importantly – we get it! We’ve hosted charity events for over 40 years and we know how to work with you to create something very special.
Charity events – from gala dinners to comedy nights
We have a range of rooms available to suit all types of charity events, including:
- Charity gala dinners – our Crystal Ballroom can seat up to 200 guests
- Charity dance or disco
- Charity quiz – hold a quiz night with a supper. We have a large screen that can be used in either the Crystal Ballroom or in our smaller room, No. 1 Brook Street (seating 80 guests)
- Comedy night, charity auction or silent auction.
In addition to the use of the Crystal Ballroom, we can welcome your guests with a drinks reception in our elegant Cocktail Lounge – starting the evening in style and getting people in the mood for donating.
Event planning and support
Our team of Event Managers, marketing and support staff work closely with you to create a phenomenal event that makes a lasting impression on your guests. We understand that you want to keep costs low to maximise income from your function, so we always propose a package that is great value for money.
It’s all in the detail
To produce a unique charity event, we tailor each element of the function to suit your theme, this will include:
- Menus – whether it’s pie and peas for a fun charity quiz night or fine dining for a gala dinner, we’ll work with our Executive Chef to develop a menu that is perfect for your patrons.
- Drinks and cocktails – each of our rooms has its own fully-stocked bar, but we can also recommend specific drinks that complement your theme. This could mean our mixologists inventing a new cocktail especially for your celebration.
- Room decoration – we can recommend suppliers who specialise in everything from speciality table linen and chair covers to centrepieces and candy carts.
- Entertainment – want a DJ or a live band? We have some great contacts and can suggest entertainment to fit your theme. If you are looking for something a bit quirky then how about a photobooth, magician or fire-eaters!
Charity event planning tip
To keep your budgets healthy you could consider asking one of your business donors to sponsor the entertainment or even other parts of the event, such as a welcome drink.
Promoting your event
Once you’ve booked your charity function with Bertie’s you’ll want to shout it from the rooftops and sell as many tickets as possible. We are happy to promote your event through Bertie’s marketing channels too – we can post it on social media, add it to our Events page on our website and email our client database. We want your event to be a success as much as you do!
Our charity clients
We are proud to have hosted events for some wonderful charities over the years, including The Laura Crane Youth Cancer Trust, Age UK, Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice, Overgate Hospice, NSPCC, Kirkwood Hospice, Huddersfield Town Foundation, MS Society, RSPCA, Calderdale Cardiology and Calderdale Cardiac Re-habilitation.
“Just a quick note about Saturday – first class food, venue, service etc. We all had a fantastic night and hit the £20,000 overall target. Please pass on my thanks to all staff involved.”
Neil Davidson DL, Charity Comedy Night, Calderdale Cardiology and Calderdale Cardiac Re-habilitation
Plan your charity event with Bertie’s
Whatever your plans, scale, theme or budget, we would love to hear from you and work together to create a remarkable fundraising event that benefits your charity.
To start the ball rolling get in touch with our team for an informal chat and a tour of our magnificent venue. If you’d like to see more of Bertie’s now, have a look at our virtual tour. You can also follow us on Facebook.